When you hear “electrical installations”, the first thing you think about is wires and tools, right? Sure. That’s probably because there’s a bit of mystery behind this job. However, there are basic requirements that we think everyone should know about. From the quality of workmanship, standards of performance, and the hazards involved all play a vital role in the art of electrical installations.
Electrical Installations Basics
With new technologies coming up at every corner, there’s a considerable need for electricians and their clients to understand the full range of new electrical installations. After all, every electrical installation is regulated. When looking at electrical fittings installations, here are some of the musts:
- All installations must comply with Australian Standards
- They also need to adhere to the safety standards and best practice requirements
- Every electrical installation needs to be certified with safety compliant components according to the state certification regulations or Australian Standard compliance marks, regulatory requirements, and electrical safety type test marks
- Every electrical installation needs to be carried out by a qualified and licensed electrician or contactor
Every electrician needs to comply with fundamental quality checks and safeguards with every electrical installation.
Issues, Problems, and Hazards
If you were to pay closer attention to the electrical installation in your home, you might have seen a few doubtful-looking installations. Those messy jobs can become a real hazard. Electrical wiring and connections need to be done correctly, all the time.
Here’s what to look out for:
- Smells of burning material
- Scorch marks
- Overheating appliances
- Foreign sounds and behaviours in equipment
- Leakings or water around electrical fittings
- Any flicker that shouldn’t be flickering
It’s always best to get a professional in to assess electrical installations, especially if you can check off any of the above. At Bellinger Electrical Contracting, we provide Townsville with quality electrical services, including installations and repairs. Visit our website for details.